Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Heat

So we are now on day 4 of no A/C and I feel like a wimp.  I am grateful for friends who let us borrow fans and let us hang out but what did I do growing up in New England with no A/C.  Yes it is hot and I know very unusual for this time of year to get so hot so early and not cooling off very much at night but I feel like a wimp.  I can get away during the day and go places but the hard part is sleeping.  I am on the waiting list for the a/c repair but tomorrow I am going to call more than one and see who can get here first.  Being gone most of the day you would think the house would stay mostly clean but nope.  I try to run the dishwasher at night because of the heat cycle.  It is humid enough that things don't dry very fast.  I sat outside with the sprinkler just on my feet for 20 minutes and it was so nice.  The temp has gotten to the 90's the last few days and supposedly  this Thursday to triple digits.  If it doesn't get repaired soon then I am going to find a hotel. Can't go to far though, the kids got a job picking blueberries in the mornings and matt and I have 2 shifts each in the fireworks tent (band fundraiser)  I think that will be the worst.  What you don't do for your kids.  I am grateful for free beaches (riverfronts) not too far, malls, and bowling alleys open til 1.  Did you know you can get a kids meal for $6 and it comes with a $5 arcade card?  Score!  I think we will save money when we get our a/c repaired. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment